Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Identity in Christ

I received an email from my aunt Regina today. She said the LORD ministered to her when she read an article and she wanted to share it with me, and now I would like to share it with you.  When I think about Regina's message, I can't help but think about how good we have it that we have direct communication with God. We don't have to go to a priest, or a minister, or a mediator. We have a direct connection with God because God Himself, lives on the inside of us and is always ministering and comforting and yes, sometimes convicting but what my aunt needed this day was her identity. I love you Regina!



This is the 
message she shared.


I read an article about a week ago. When I was reading it some of you came to mind immediately, but then as I was writing this, I thought I would share it with all of you. Over the past week, I have allowed my daily life craziness, to push out what God led me to send. Please forgive me for that. So, I am up early this morning (because the good Lord saw fit for me to see another day) and I said to myself "get to gettin" (yes I spelled what I said "gettin" not getting). I am sure it was God telling me too, and not me telling me to. :-)


Anyway, the article was speaking of who we are and how God sees us. So many things in the worldly life tries to bring us down or tell us we don't measure up. We are to big, too small, too fat, too skinny, not so smart, don't look good, don't measure up, not worthy of this or that. But...... that is of the world and not of the almighty God.


Here's what the almighty says (excerpt from the article):


My Identity in Christ
Matthew 5:13 I am the salt of the earth.
Matthew 5:14 I am the light of the world.
John 1:12 I am a child of God.
John 15:15 I am part of the true vine, a channel (branch) of Christ's life.
John 15:15 I am Christ's friend.
John 15:16 I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit.
Romans 8:14,15 I am a joint-heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him.
I Corinthians 3:16 I am a temple of God. His Spirit dwells in me.
I Corinthians 12:27 I am a member (part) of Christ's body
2 Corinthians 5:17 I am a new creation.
2 Corinthians 5:18,19 I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation...
Ephesians 1:1 I am a saint.
Ephesians 1:3 I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places.
Ephesians 1:11 I am sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit who has been given as a pledge of my inheritance.
Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship created in Christ to do His work that He planned beforehand that I should do.
Ephesians 4:24 I am righteous and holy.


When I finished reading the article, the song "I know who I am" came to mind. We sing this song often in service. But do we really know who we are? Do we really feel in our hearts who we are? I hope after you read this you do.

I pray that you will also be blessed by this message as well.

As always, I love you and God bless you

Angela R. Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment