Thursday, February 21, 2013







GUARD YOUR HEART:

Jesus is speaking regarding the parables.

18 “So pay attention to how you listen! Those who understand these mysteries will be given more knowledge. However, some people don’t understand these mysteries. Even what they think they understand will be taken away from them.” Matthew 10:7-8 GWT***When you read this it almost sound like it's repeating the same thing. Key note: PAY ATTENTION TO HOW YOU LISTEN! Be completely aware of how you are hearing and receiving the truth! LISTEN: You are totally responsible for how you receive the truth! Some don't want to receive the truth, especially if the truth hurts or it shows you what you are lacking. Pride steps in and takes away you receiving and accepting the truth. So watch yourself. Jesus also made it known, in one of the parables, that it is Satan who is THE thief, stealing the truth away from your heart...if you let him.

These verses immediately grab hold to my attention because we are always taught to be careful as to what we say, how we live, but not necessarily in so many words as to how we listen.

In some schools, a teacher would prefer if you were never taught on the subject that they are teaching for fear that you received the wrong information and they would have to first, take everything that you thought you knew out, (you had to be emptied of all previous knowledge) so that you can receive only the facts or truth. It was easier for a teacher to teach someone who knew nothing (so they will not mix in what they think they know along with what new thing they are learning). 

Sometimes we might find ourselves receiving things based on our background, culture, fables that were taught, how we were raised and disciplined. This can make it difficult to receive the truth when you are not willing to give up your culture practices, or the brainwashing you may have received from others instead of from GOD Himself.

You have to get to a place where you are after (chasing) GOD. You have to be open to receive GOD. And you have to accept what comes with knowing GOD. To know GOD is to change your whole entire life to become a new person. We are a new creation, nothing like what had already existed (Black, White, Asian, Indian, Mexican, etc...) because, we are living just like Christ lived and no one else. We are all one (child of GOD) just like GOD is one.

Of course this drew my attention because I am in the learning process of Hebrew. There is so much information being feed to me and sometimes it can be overwhelming. I had to get to a place where I was willing to accept the TRUTH even (hypothetically speaking) if it is contrary to everything I thought I knew (understood). Even if it means that I will find out a lot of things about myself that are wrong. And, even if (in the past) I read the word to fit how I wanted it to be so as to not be guilty or so it will not seem difficult to do, I humbly and with trembling (very carefully) accept the truth completely so that I can truly walk with GOD (in his direction), and live a life that is pleasing to GOD (holy) with the HOLY SPIRIT being THE teacher, confirming what I am receiving. I do not live for myself any longer; I live my whole life for Christ. I do not belong to myself any longer, but I belong to Christ. I HAD TO COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT AND I HAD TO ACCEPT THAT.

Those who do not understand (do not have the ears to hear), try to understand things in the natural. It is impossible to understand it because spiritual belongs to spiritual and natural belongs to natural. It's just as difficult to explain spiritual things in a natural way. Or to translate a word in a different language to someone who does not use the same word or phrase in their language, how do you get them to completely comprehend? GOD set things up in such a way that He is after those who are after Him and He is faithful to show Himself to those who truly seek HIM. Those who don't (seek GOD) will never get it and will continue to try to figure things out over and over.

Note: No one will ever exhaust the knowledge of GOD because it is infinite but GOD has given us HIS spirit (HOLY SPIRIT) so that we can know and understand these things but it is all up to you and your heart! So...pay attention to how you listen!

Amen!

God bless you, and I love you

Angela Ingram





No comments:

Post a Comment