Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I GIVE MYSELF AWAY

Think about what that means. When we give something away it means it no longer belongs to us. We no longer own it and no longer have a say in what to do with it, how to use it, where to put it. When we say Lord, I give myself away, we are saying I no longer have possession of my body. Whatever you want to do with me, I will allow you to use me. My wants, my desires no longer matters. I don't even listen to it because I only hear your voice.


We must be like Jesus, He lived for the Father and the Father alone. That is why, on earth, he denounced who He really is. Jesus gave Himself away to the Father and now we must be like Christ. We give ourselves away to God. We live for Him and only Him. When you understand that, your life is guaranteed to change. You will look at the Bible for instructions instead of friends. You will pray before you do anything to make sure He approves it. Your lifestyle will change. Your thoughts will change. I give myself away. You can not be his disciple if you are not willing to give yourself away.


No comments:

Post a Comment