Sunday, April 22, 2012

THANK YOU AGAIN LORD!



Today I was talking to a friend who is going through very hard times right now. He is temporarily staying in a shelter. As we were talking he said praise God. He said it about three times and it seemed like he was waiting for me to say, "What happened?" I was in one of my (VERY RARE) I'm not feeling good and you are boring me so I am not about to ask what other boring thing you have to share with me type of mood. 


He realized that I wasn't going to ask so he said (with such excitement), "There was a man who dropped 2 dollars on the floor so I picked it up and gave it to him, can you believe that?" I didn't know how to respond to that and I am wondering why is that such a big deal. So I said nothing. He said "You know I could have kept the money but I gave it to him because I witness him drop it and if I were to take it, it would have been stealing." By this time now I'm thinking "Oh wonderful, "The Super Hero Good Deed Man" saved the day, Whoopee Doo ". I still didn't say anything. He said, you never know, that could have been the money he need to stay another day in this place and if I didn't give it to him, he may not have had another place to stay. I'm still quiet thinking, do you want me to give you brownie points for giving back two dollars? Call me again when someone drops $100.00 dollars and you hand it to him. Still, I did not respond.


Then he said, "In the past, I would have kept that two dollars but now I can see how God has changed my heart where I know that that is stealingHe said again. "In the past it just would have been automatic for me to take it." (Losers weepers finders keepers sort of speak is what he is saying). Then he said, "By me giving him the money back, he can see that even in a place like this, there is light.


Immediately (after he said that) I felt so ashamed of myself. This man is praising God because he realized that God worked a miracle on his heart. He was sharing with me thinking out of anyone, I would be the one who would be able to understand this wonderful thing. I actually apologized to him for my behavior. He has been my friend for a long time. Even though he lives across the country from me, we still keep in touch with each other. And, unfortunately, he caught me when I was having such a bad day. My behavior was unacceptable. I was insensitive to the fact that he is homeless. Even though I am also struggling financially, I am not homeless. Two dollars for him would do a lot if you have no place to live. That would be a great temptation for him. God can do a lot with very little. 


I made little of a huge deal and I was so sorry for that. I should have been praising God with him in the fact that he is growing. Now it doesn't mean that every time he run into temptation that he will not fall but, his whole thinking has changed. He is now more consciences of his actions and think before acting. For him, that's a great blessing. We all started out small and in some things, we are still small. Ok let's face it, in a lot of things we are still small. I learned a big lesson today. I thank God that my friend forgave me for my bad behavior and that the LORD showed me where I am weak and lacking. I thank the LORD for every lesson. I can't let how I am feeling body wise to affect my attitude and I will be more consciences of that and not let that happen again.


Thank you LORD.


As always, I love you and God bless you.


Angela R. Ingram.


No comments:

Post a Comment