Thursday, March 28, 2013

BLIND MAN VS MAN WITH SIGHT





Someone asked me a really great question yesterday; is a blind man's sin worse than the sin of a man that can see? Great question because that is how the world sees it. How is it that someone who is not perfect and who has sinned tells a blind man to stop when they can't stop? Bottom line question is...what makes our sins more forgivable and their sins unforgivable? Well, the answer is simple, JESUS! God did something extreme because the disease called sin that we have is extreme. It took extreme measures for God to deal with the issue of sin. On the cross, God poured out His entire wrath against us and put it on Christ. With His death, Jesus Christ paid in full our debt. With Jesus resurrection, God showed us that He accepted Jesus as the sacrifice for our sins. Our debt has been paid in full thanks to the love of GOD. I was once blind to sin, not knowing that I was an enemy of God by the way that I lived. Not knowing that my destiny was hell. But, once I found Christ, I was able to see the true person that I was, I repented of my sins. Christ came into my life. The Holy Spirit dwells within me and now, that I can see, I know what to do and what not to do. I have discernment. I have spiritual judgment and I have authority, by the Holy Spirit, to judge sin so that I will not fall into it. I now know what it means to live a life that is holy and acceptable to God. Now, because I still have this flesh that I am daily at war with, there are times that I will mess up. But I not only have the Holy Spirit that corrects me and get me back on track; I also have someone in heaven, Jesus, who is my direct mediator. God also places people in my life to help me if they see me fall. I have pastors, people that I can call brothers and sisters because those who are in Christ are my brothers and sisters. And most of all, because I have the Holy Spirit, I am sealed until redemption. A person who is blind only have his own judgment and the world to go by which is all the things that are against God. Not only does the person sin daily, but the person IS sin. All sin will be punished by perishing forever. So, is a blind person's sin greater then a person that can see? Yes. But it doesn't have to be that way. There is only one way to get to the Father, and that is by the Son. Without the Son, there is no forgiveness of sin. Without the forgiveness of sin, the blind will parish forever, and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment