Monday, April 1, 2013

EXAMINE YOURSELVES

I never forgot one of the things my mother taught me when I was young. She talked about the dangers that the Israelite fell into whenever they were slaves or shared land with the non-believers because it would sometimes lead them into becoming partakers with the world or pagan people. They start to ignore God's law and therefore forget all that was taught them and became more and more sinful. It scared me so much so that I never wanted to get to a point where I was so involved with the world (not realizing that I was), that I would forget how I am supposed to live. My biggest fear when I was young was to become insensitive to sin. I thank God for my mother who was always teaching me not only by words, but also by example. I tell people all the time that my life changed when I read 1st and 2nd John. It was my first self-examination and I didn't like what I saw. I thank God for showing me and this is why I want to share this with those who are saved. I want everyone to be provoked to examining themselves with true honesty. And when you hear it; Note: PAY ATTENTION TO THE WAY YOU LISTEN. If it offense you then that is good. That means there is something to work out that you didn't know about but don't ignore it. If all is right, then continue to do right and share with others because this is too important not to share. I love you, and God bless you.



No comments:

Post a Comment