Monday, June 27, 2011

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE

I have a friend who is a minister. He work for a funeral home and he is called upon often to perform funerals. One day I asked him if he ever feel uncomfortable doing a funeral for someone who you may feel is not saved? He said he never feels that way. I did not expect that answer. He said I believe that until their last breath, everyone is given the opportunity to accept Christ and we don't know if they received a visitation on that day and I keep that hope. He said that also gives him the opportunity to preach salvation to the family and friends. I never looked at things that way.


This morning this thought came to me. Maybe someone needs to hear this and be encouraged. I was thinking about the two thieves that were on the cross next to Jesus. On their dying day, one accepted Jesus and one clearly had the opportunity but rejected Jesus. The one who recognized who Jesus really is, was told that on that day, he will be in paradise with Him. That was all it took. A thief, a sinner was saved on his dying day.


I want to say that Jesus has the book of life and know who's names are in that book. We can not dwell or worry if our loved ones or friends were saved the day they passed away. What hope we have is that they were given the opportunity on up until their last breath to receive Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior and to leave it at that. Rest your mind on this issue and do not worry yourselves over things that you can not change and never give up hope. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment