Saturday, May 12, 2012

MY PLANS VS GOD'S PLAN

My aunt Regina shared another great testimony with me and I asked her to pleassssseeeeeee write down the story and email it to me so that I can share it on my blog. I was so blessed by her story and I know that you will also be blessed by this story.


 


Last week I was talking to my niece Angie. I was talking to her about God plan vs man's plan (in this case my plan, or so I thought). I was discussing with her how we can do all the planning in the world that we want but our plans and Gods plans are two different things.  


For those of you who know me and know me well, you know that I am a natural planner. Any time I am asked to do something, I check my cellphone calendar, so I can see if my schedule can accommodate. (Before the cell phone, there was the PDA, before that the Franklin planner and before that a calendar, pen and paper).  I have planned (or at least tried to plan every aspect of my life.) When someone needs something organized, planned and completed in a timely manner, they call Regina.  So throughout my life plannning was what I did.  Sometimes it went well and sometimes it didn't. But I don't normally do anything without planning it.

Over the past 3 years I had been struggling over my employment situation.  Various things at my previous job became overwhelming (lightly stating the situation) and I started to plan my way out. Notice I said "I".  I started looking for another position within the company.  Promotions and job changes were denied. I started searching outside the company.  The searches were bleak for one reason or another.   I struggled at my job and began to truly dislike the place.    Although I prayed, and many family and friends were praying, nothing happened.  Me, being the me that I am, just wanted out and was going to plan my way out. (There goes that "I" again).

After about 2 years into the search and me planning my way out, I began to somewhat give up.  All my efforts were exhausted and I was still there.  I was still praying don't get me wrong, but I realize, apparently it wasn't time to leave.  So I continued to push forward at work, wait and continue to pray.  One day I received a call  (at work) from a vendor who I worked with years ago. He called me because there was an opening where he worked, that he felt fit me and my experience.  This vendor and I have never ever met face to face and we had not spoken to each other in over 4 or 5 years.  He said he was hoping I was still at the company because it was the only phone number he had for me.   (What a mighty God)  He asked me to apply for the position and I did. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel, or so I thought. Three interviews, one drug test, a background check that was so thorough, I thought they found my birth mother, and 3 months later (yes it took 3 months).... I did not get the job. The door was closed. No light at the end of tunnel. I felt defeated.

But remember, at the beginning of this story I spoke of a mighty God. The background above was the history of the journey and my plans. Now let me tell you about the plans Gods had for me.

Eight months after the doors was closed on that position, I received a call from the same company.  The HR rep said, "Regina, we never forgot you, we think we have the perfect job for you and want you to come in and apply".  Now think about it, most company’s hold onto an application 30 to 90 days max.  Not 8 months.  (There goes that Mighty God again) I told very few people about the position and those I did tell I asked them to pray.  (I didn't want to get my hopes up.)  I also prayed that God's will be done and that I am at peace with whatever that "will" was.  Well 2 interviews, another drug test and another thorough background check, I get the position.  But the story doesn't stop there.  Although, I was offered the position it was at a significant pay cut.  After some thinking, praying and discussing with the hubby, I accepted the position at the pay they offered.

Although, it was a significant cut, God had a plan.  Although it was 3 years after my journey started, God had a plan.  I am by no means bragging or being prideful, I just want you to understand God plans are way beyond what we can imagine and his timing is impeccable. It says so, in his word.  Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (NIV)   His word also says, Isaiah 55:8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. (NLT)



Now, watch how God moved and presented far greater than I could imagine.

  • My work hours decreased from 10 to 15 hours a day (most time with no lunch break), to 8 to 8.5 hours and a mandatory 1 hr lunch break
  • Benefits, benefits, benefits.... did I say benefit?! I had to read my offer letter over and over to make sure I understood what they were providing.  My previous company benefits were removed years ago only medical, dental was left.
  • My commute time cut to down to 15 min, gas tank last 2 weeks now instead of 6 days  (that's a small fortune in saving with todays gas prices)
  • Because this occurred in Gods timing/plan and not my own, the new job started at the same time, we found out our home loan and monthly payments were being decreased, yes decreased.
  • It also happened after the payoff of our second car (which by God’s grace we paid off a year and a half ahead of time.)
  •  I now have christian co-workers.  Imagine my shock on my first day hearing christian music on my co-workers computer and freely discussing God's word with other believers.
  • More time at home with my family
Needless to say, it was all well worth the wait and Gods plan are far better than my own. I leave you with this.

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4 (NIV)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; Philippians 4:6 (NKJV)

Have a Blessed Day!
R
I hope that this message will bless you like it blessed me.

As always, I love you and God bless you,

Angela R. Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment