Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SHARING MY STORY FOR TODAY


Today I did something that I've never done before. I went to the bathroom; I put the toothpaste on my tooth brush and before I began to brush my teeth, I prayed to the Lord and I also prayed over the toothpaste. I didn't plan on doing it, it just happened.  I was asking God to allow the toothpaste to do what it was made to do and that is to clean my mouth and teeth. I acknowledged that even though the toothpaste was made to clean my teeth, only He can do it right. When I caught myself, I asked myself, why am I praying over toothpaste? I realized that I was becoming like the Jews and what I mean by that is that they pray for everything. What I realized is that, I need God to do what this toothpaste can not do. I want God to clean my mouth completely.

It's sad to say this but it wasn't until now that I understand the whole purpose of why I have to pray over everything that I do in my life. I am relying on God and giving it up to Him, not the produce or product or even man, to do the job. It was so amazing that I had to share it because, like I said, I never ever did that before and it just happened out of the blue. I thank the LORD that I have learned to trust HIM more then I trust anything. I didn't put my trust in the toothpaste, I put my trust in God. I trust the LORD in everything I do.



Now that I understand what I just did, I am going to take my shower and pray that the LORD will do His might work.


As always, I love and God bless you!

Angela R. Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment