Monday, August 8, 2011

BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS INTRODUCTION:

Matt: 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with [their] lips; but their heart is far from me.

This is so important that I am going to have to brake it down into parts. I want to talk about relationships. There are two relationships that Jesus said that are the most important in following God's commandment.Thou shalt love the Lord with all of your heart, soul and might/mind. And, to love thy neighbor as thyself.

I'm going to do like Paul, I don't want us to walk around being ignorant thinking we are pleasing the Lord when we are not. What I just stated before are the two most important things out of all the laws that Jesus Christ Himself pointed out is the greatest of all. The reason for that is...if you focus on the two, all the others will fall in place. If you follow the two commandments, it will be impossible for you to break any of the other commandment because they all fall into the two commandments.

The Commandments consist of relationships. Relationships between man and God and relationships between man and man.

Now notice in both relationships that Love it required. It said nothing about like your neighbor and like God which is what most of us do. So, in the first part of my series of relationships I am going to talk about the difference between Love vs. Like because some of us really think we are showing love towards one another when really, your heart is not in it. Anyone who says this is so easy to do is not doing it. 

Because I am not an expert on this subject as far as being the ultimate example of this I am going to rely solely on the word of God. You see, I myself am learning as I am teaching on this subject. God place this subject on my heart and all I am doing is being obedient to what the Lord want me to put out.

I don't know how long this is going to be and who knows, this may be a book. I'm sure you guys have seen by now that I am a long winded writer and I never put down everything that is in me to write because it will be too long. I find myself adding to it but I try not to do that because again, it will be too long to read.

Let me start off by saying that we are sometimes clueless as to how to act towards one another. We become the kings and queens of cliche' with our comments to try to sound so holy and Christiany. Yes I said Christiany. A lot of times we do this because we don't know how to act towards one another. 1st impressions are so important and if I say how are you doing and you say "Oh I am blessed and highly favored" and I think to myself, why do people say that!!! It sounds like it's the right thing to say but really it isn't and I will explain why.

Regarding relationships between man and man, love is not boastful. It would be like if I asked Bill Gates how are you doing and he say, "Well I am rich and have a lot of possessions." Or if I ask Halle Berry how is she doing and she say to me "Oh I am beautiful and rich". Or, if I ask a Jew and they say" Oh being that I am God's most precious possession, I am doing great". You see, that is not building a relationship with one another. That is being boastful or bragging about something that you have no control over because God had given that to you and has allowed that to happen to you. So, if you really want to show love towards me or anyone else, you can simply say "I am very grateful". That way, you are not bragging but you are being humble recognizing that you have received unmerited favor towards God. Plus, you never know what someone maybe going through. They may have lost their home or their job or there loved ones and here you are bragging. We have not reached glorification yet well I haven't met anyone yet who have reached glorification so we must all have a humble spirit. And, if you reached it, (glorification) you would not boast because it is not in your spirit to do that. Regarding relationships between man and God, He said, if you love me, you will follow my commandment. God said that!!! Love is an action word between man and God so these are things that I am going to talk about later on in part 1 of building relationships and it will all be scriptural.

*Side note: Glorification= ultimate and complete conformity to the image of Christ Jesus. Perfection.*

Now not to worry folks, we are all learning and together we can help one another to live the life that is pleasing to the Lord. So what I will talk about is how to build relationships. It's a process and it never, ever ends.

God bless you and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment