Saturday, August 27, 2011

PROVERBS 15

Every now and again I suffer from moments of very deep emotion (sometimes unbearable) pain. The pain of losing my best friend and pastor, the pain of losing my job, the pain of losing my health insurance, the pain of losing my car, the pain of losing a family member and I need some kind of comfort to get me through my pain. The pain doesn't last long but when it comes, it cuts very, very deep.

June 18th I was in an auto accident that totaled my car. A week later I made the decision to do something to help myself so that the devil will not take advantage of the great pain I've experienced this year. A scripture that I never forgot that I kept to my heart is Gen 4:7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.


It was a very strong warning that Cain did not take heed to. It is the wrong attitude that sin is waiting for you to have. The thing I've always notice the most is that God was not angry with Cain. He basically said if you do the right thing, I will accept yours just like I accepted Abels. It's just that simple. But, God knew what was brewing in Cain's heart and addressed a serious problem, his countenance. Once you have kept the wrong attitude, sin will overtake you where you have no control. You have to learn how to control yourself. Temperance.


As a child that scripture scared me. The thought that something evil is waiting for me to mess up so it can mess with me. But I am the one who have to learn self control. When I had my accident, I could feel myself wondering how much more can I take. Than I realize, with God, I can take anything. Without God I can not take it. I said I will not allow Satan to take advantage of my situation. I will start a Christian blog to keep my mind right and focus on Christ always!!! And at the same time I can encourage others also. It is God who is the only one who can heal my pain. The bigger my pain, the bigger God is in my life and the more He shows Himself to me.


So this morning I am in pain at 4am in the morning and the wonderful thing is, I know what to do about it. I go to God. I prayed and ask the Holy Spirit to teach me. I need a word a message a comfort I just need you right now. So the Lord directed me to Proverbs 15. I read it and what popped out was Proverbs 15:32NLV If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding.


How many times do we do the wrong thing and we suffer the consequent of our actions and we repent or should I say, we say I'm sorry and than go right back into that mess!!! Each time we do this and not learn from our mistakes, we ruin our life. We are headed in a lifetime of misery and pain and sadness, and disappointments over and over again. 


God punishes us so that we can learn from it and because he loves us. The point of the punishment is for correction like when you were young and your parent disciplined you when you do wrong. You didn't understand at first thinking your parents were being mean but later you understood why it was necessary. You understood that the disciplined was done because your parents love you very much and want you to learn. You become wiser as a result but some kids would receive disciplined after disciplined and never learned from it but hated the disciplined and as a result ended up dead/killed or in jail. 


A lot of us are living our lives like fools because we refuse to take heed to God's warning and refuse to accept disciplined so you can learn from it. If you are wondering why you are in a mess, read proverbs 15 read Gen 4:7 and than evaluate your life and than make the necessary changes. I know I did and I am still doing it.


08/31/11***I want to make a note because I don't want anyone to maybe get the wrong idea. My message was not based on my situation. In other words, I'm not saying that all these things, mourning, car accident, loss of job etc...happened to me because I am being disciplined. 


What had happened was that God was saying this is business as usual. Pick yourself up there is more work to be done and more lessons to be taught and learned (God gave me the strength to carry on). God was just giving me a lesson for the day so that I will not focus on my pain. That is how so good God is!!! After I had finished, I went right to bed and slept like a baby.


I love you and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment