Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THE LORD IS MY HEALER!






I first want to say that we wouldn't know God as our healer unless we experienced being sick. I want to thank everyone for your prayers because I feel so much better. My strength is back! The wonderful thing is, even when I am sick, my spirit is high! I am not worried about it because I know who my healer is. The Lord is my healer. I understand that it's something that we go through in this world but one day, we will be in our new body that will know no pain and no sorry (I meant sorrow but sorry is good too) and no sickness! We can all look forward to that.


I did a short (intro) segment on relationships between man and man and I also did a blog regarding Job. Christians are funny sometimes thinking that they are being a friend when they really are not. Not that they are not a friend, but they don't know how to be a Christian friend. They don't know what to say especially to someone who is not feeling well. Job friends told him that he need to repent because he must have sinned if he is sick and yet God told Satan Job 1:8NLV Then the LORD asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil.". People have different gifts of the Spirit and you can tell the ones who do not have the gift of mercy, or compassion or encouragement when someone is in need of it. I remember when my Uncle put up on his facebook that life stinks and people right away jump the gun and said "well I have Christ and life is good" and yada yada yada. My uncle made a joke from a movie but people just started acting Christiany (one of my new words meaning you really don't know huh). At least they think they are and started preaching to him about how wrong he was. Of course they had to pick up their face when he told them that it was just a joke from a movie and that he was at the DMV. Now I know my uncle is a minister so I knew his foundation was solid. I knew what NOT to say. I didn't know what was wrong but all I said is that I will pray for you and hope you feel better.


We are to be there for one another in times of need. There is a difference between helping someone get on the right track that is in sin and trying to tell someone they don't have faith if they are sick. It's ludicrous. Colds are a part of life. Some have a stronger immune system than others. Who knows but it's not the end of the world!!! Relax Christians. I'm sending this message because I didn't have a chance to do the relationship between man and man yet and because I had a cold recently, I wanted to make a statement for those who may think they are saying the right things and doing the right things and they are not.


I also want to make a note that notice that Jesus never condemned the ones who were sick, not even once. He did condemn the ones he gave power to heal the sick and their faith was not strong enough to heal them. Jesus had compassion for those who were sick. As a matter of fact if you look at Matt: 25:40-46 "And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,  you were doing it to me!'41Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, 'Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.42For I was hungry, and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me a drink.43I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn't give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me.'44"Then they will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?'45"And he will answer, 'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.'46"And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life."


There are times when we as Christians may experience terrible sicknesses and other forms of suffering, such as terminal cancer, a stroke, heart attack, diabetes, fibromyalgia, spinal cord injuries and paralysis, and much more.  The worst part about this is when a believer cause their faith to be shaken by such words as if you are sick than you do not have faith, it usually comes from a family member, or a close friend, or spouse, those who are closest to you. 

Even Paul advised Timothy to stop drinking water and to drink wine for his stomach issues and other illnesses that he had frequently. 1tim 5:23


He gave some gifts to heal those who are sick. Just remember that not all sickness is a result of sin and leads to death. And, not all sickness is a result of lack of faith. There will be those who will get sick and there will be those who will work in their gifts to heal the sick through the Holy Spirit glorifying God by showing His power.


With all things there are always exceptions but we as Christians have to learn what it means to love your neighbors as yourself and that this is not a suggestion but a commandment. I don't know how we got so off track and I have been guilty of it too from following other bad examples and listen to other "fellow" Christians thinking I have the right understanding, you know being Christiany. I wasn't always innocent but this is why I study. I get the full picture and the Holy Spirit reveals the truth. You can't know the truth if you don't read and study His word.


I never take it personal because it really is a growth thing. The more you know, the more you realize how much more you need to learn and how much others don't know. :) But I do believe that everyone, especially if you are truly saved, have nothing but the best intentions so I never take it personal.


I want to leave this quick message that I picked up because I don't want us to get confused.


Isaiah 53:5, which is then quoted in 1 Peter 2:24, is a key verse on healing, but it is often misunderstood and misapplied. “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” The word translated “healed” can mean either spiritual or physical healing. However, the contexts of Isaiah 53 and 1 Peter 2 make it clear that it is speaking of spiritual healing. “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed” (1 Peter 2:24). The verse is talking about sin and righteousness, not sickness and disease. Therefore, being “healed” in both these verses is speaking of being forgiven and saved, not physically healed.


Ultimately, our full physical healing awaits us in heaven. In heaven, there will be no more pain, sickness, disease, suffering, or death (Revelation 21). We all need to be less preoccupied with our physical condition in this world and a lot more concerned with our spiritual condition (Romans 12:1-2). Then we can focus our hearts on heaven where we will no longer have to deal with physical problems. Revelation 21:4 describes the true healing we should all be longing for: “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”


I also want to add this message from the Bible in case someone who is ill may feel that they have less faith because of being sick. 
Phil: 2:25-30NLV Meanwhile, I thought I should send Epaphroditus back to you. He is a true brother, co-worker, and fellow soldier. And he was your messenger to help me in my need.26I am sending him because he has been longing to see you, and he was very distressed that you heard he was ill.27And he certainly was ill; in fact, he almost died. But God had mercy on him—and also on me, so that I would not have one sorrow after another.28So I am all the more anxious to send him back to you, for I know you will be glad to see him, and then I will not be so worried about you.29Welcome him with Christian love and with great joy, and give him the honor that people like him deserve.30For he risked his life for the work of Christ, and he was at the point of death while doing for me what you couldn't do from far away.


***I also want to make a note in case people may be confused about the message is that I am not referring to illness we cause on ourselves like our bad eating habits and lack of exercise and things we self inflect on our bodies that make us ill. And even with that, we must still have compassion for one another and encourage one another to get healthy and fit. Our body is our temple! But I'm sure you already know the difference.***


***And even if the Lord were to take me, my soul will be in His hands. There is no better place I would rather be than to spend eternity with the Lord.***


Praise God! I love you all, God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment