Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WHAT ARE YOU ENTERTAINING?

When I say that as I study and as I read and share, I am really learning myself, it is the truth. We can never exhaust all knowledge of the Bible and we can never stop learning ourselves the things we must do to please God and the things we do that could be displeasing to God. I will give you an example.

One of the things that I like to do is go to the movies. If you read my profile, one of the movies that I had mentioned that I like is Lord of the Rings. It was actually on the top of my list as my favorite movie of all time. What I like about movies like that are the special affects and the story writing. What I have to be careful of is watching movies that have witch craft in it. Even if it is fake. Being a Christian means you love what God love and you hate what God hate and if you are ignorant of certain things, the Holy Spirit will reveal to you the truth and it is up to you to follow and listen to what the Spirit of the Lord is saying to you. As I am studying, I came across witch craft. Sometimes, we as Christian do things and do not realize we are entertaining evil spirits.

I saw the last episode of Harry Potter and when I told my mother she was shocked. She said to me that I can not entertain things like that. We are not strong enough to fight the devils on our own and we never know what we could be inviting in. I listened to what my mother had to say because I learned not to be foolish to ignore wise counsel. I learned not to allow pride to enter in and get offended over wise advice. As long as I am on this earth, I will always need spiritual advice. That is one of the things we are here for, as far as being here for one another. My mother was compelled to tell me to stop watching things like that, even if it appears innocent to me. It's best to stay clear of that stuff. Than I though of my favorite movie Lord of the Rings. I don't know what some of those creatures were uttering in the movie? Who knows what could be drawing me to like things like that. It is best that I stay clear away from it. Like they say it's better to be safe than sorry.

Another thing we like to entertain is horoscopes. Now I for one have stayed clear away from that since my youth because my mother taught me right away to not entertain horoscopes and fortune tellers and Ouija boards. Even talking about signs, my mother taught me early on not to talk about what sign you are because it all is in the same category as horoscope and witchcraft.

Witchcraft is defined as:
wanting to have spiritual powers without submitting to God. It is a desire to be a spiritual free agent without submission to God and without regard for the bible's teaching.

All supernatural power comes, ultimately, from either God or Satan. Satan empowers those who believe a lie. Witchcraft supports Satan's lies. So anyone who opens himself or herself to them and than:
Mixes certain ingredients in a drink
Eats special herbs
arranges candles in a certain configuration
stares into a crystal ball
turns over Tarot cards
"reads" the stars/horoscope
draws certain symbols
all this will encourage evil spiritual forces to come into play. According to James 3:15 such so-called "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.

Rebellion against God ranks as the greatest sin we can commit. Divination and witchcraft are often linked to each other in the teaching of the Bible. "For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you" 1 Samuel 15:23 NIV. Here are other verses you can read regarding these things. Deut. 18:10-11; 18:14, Acts 8:9-11, Joshua 13:22, 2 Chronicles 33:6, Jeremiah 14:14; 27:9-10, Micah 5:12, Isaiah 2:6; 8:19

We must be repentant. Like any other sinful activity Christians should repent if they have ever dabbled in or been deeply involved in witchcraft. Acts 19:19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand of silver.

I wanted to talk about this because one of the things as Christian that we make a mistake at is thinking that somethings are harmless. We are sanctified and separated from this world. Those who rejects the Bible and God's teaching revert to such things thinking they are wise. Stay clear away and teach your children not to entertain these things. You may have a problem with your children that can be easily solved by taking away the things that they are listening to or the people that they are hanging around with that are entertaining these things. And, we must repent immediately once it is brought to our attention because it is the Holy Spirit that is bring it to your attention. God is faithful to forgive. Once you repent, stay away from such things that can be spiritually harmful leading you to idolatry and don't take for granted what you may think is harmless.

God bless you all.


boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment